The Social MEDIA Campaign
#NobodyToldMe is a photo-driven social media initiative that is part of Better Postpartum’s full scale 9 mo “ToGetHer Better” campaign (Labor Day to Mother’s Day).
Celebrities, influencers, and participants – like you – will post a photo on Instagram of themselves holding a sign that captures a statement about what no one told them would be part of their postpartum experience that they wish they had known about, e.g., “I would lose over 700 hours of sleep in the first year”
Posts’ captions will include the following key messages and hashtags: “Women deserve a #BetterPostpartum,” “#NobodyToldMe” and #toGETherBetter, and encourage followers to tag a friend who needs this awareness, plus nominate two people to share their own photo next.
How to get Involved
• Create a “#Nobody Told Me” post on Instagram (additional social profiles like Facebook welcome):
• Photo of you with your sign which features your “#NobodyToldMe” message;
• Caption including: Women deserve a #BetterPostpartum. #NobodyToldMe #toGETherBetter; and
• Tag @BetterPostpartum and two people you nominate to participate next.
Why Should I Participate?
By posting your #NobodyToldMe, you will help to:
• Raise awareness about the hardships of early motherhood, creating solidarity.
• Raise awareness about how Better Postpartum education could help women identify the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression; maternal morbidity, and maternal mortality (50% of maternal deaths occur in the postpartum period, and can be prevented).
• Support the work being done by nonprofit collaborators Circle of Health International and HealthRight International by promoting Better Postpartum.
• Promote the anticipatory guidelines called for by ACOG
• Help meet the United Nations’ SDGs 3 and 5 for gender equality and health care access.
Are You a Brand, Company or Influencer? What You Will Receive:
• FREE inclusion as a “ToGETher Better” supporter with your logo featured on our website
• FREE co-branded press release template to publish, post to your website, and share via your newsletter distribution
• FREE content-marketing opportunity, being supported by PR and paid amplification, when you submit a blog post to “The Village”
• FREE “ToGETher Better” badge to be included (via embedded text we will send you) on your website, to show that you support all mother’s postpartum.